Degraded Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieDan

Cadet
I have a degraded volume and need help attempting to resolve this issue.

I have attached the daily report with details about this issue.

My question is how to resolve. I read a thread that suggested running SMART Test or ZFS Scrubs could resolve errors but result in the loss of data. I don't believe I have (or am able) to run these test in such a way that would damage any data as they seem to be fairly harmless and resolve nothing.

Any assistance or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Attachments

• degraded_vol.txt
    2 KB · Views: 274

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You have serious problems. First you need to replace the "UNAVAIL" disks and resilver/scrub as appropriate. But you also have 3 disks striped in your pool. If any of those 3 disks fail, you lose your pool completely.

AggieDan

Cadet
I'm not sure exactly which disk to replace. I don't have a problem scraping the whole thing but obviously I don't want to rebuild it on bad disk.

titan_rw

Guru
I wouldn't even resilver that zpool.

I'd approach this from a data recovery standpoint. Copy your data off it now. Even if you resilvered the raidz1 vdev, you still have 3 other drives that are single points of failure. And you've already got non correctable errors in the zpool. Maybe one or more of the non redundant disks are acting up?

Either way you need to backup whatever data is not corrupt, and redo the pool on known good disks. Preferably with all disks being redundant (no single disk vdevs).

AggieDan

Cadet
I am able to copy the files and system images from storage that are important.
The question remains - is there a way to tell which disk have the errors and which disk are presumably fine?

If I'm going to keep this unit, I will likely replace them all as they are several years old. However, I would still like to now which ones are salvageable.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Look at the GUI for View Disks. There you will see the serial numbers of the drives and the status of the drive.

And I agree with the above recommendation of grabbing what data you want to keep and then recreating your pool, maybe a RAIDZ2.

Status
Not open for further replies.