Daily Unexpected Reboots

LekkerMan

Cadet
Good Day,

I am a TrueNAS CORE noob (apologies). My system has been performing flawlessly for months until about a week ago, and unfortunately now its rebooting every few minutes when disk activity takes place. The drives themselves are less than a year old. About a week a go the pool was degraded and when i subsequently attempt scrubbing the system reboots and enters a boot loop after restarting and continuing the scrub. The system also randomly reboots when reading or writing data. Its is stable at idle however.

I'm running on a UPS, with no other machines experiencing issues. I've disabled XMP as a precaution, I've updated the BIOS and i'm running TrueNAS-13.0-U5.2

The system consists of the following components:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASRock B550M Pro4 Motherboard (Updated to latest BIOS)
G.Skill 4x16GB 3200MHz DDR4
EVGA 850W Power Supply
5x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro HDDs
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB

Your assistance is much appreciated, im pretty desperate to get to the bottom of this.
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug-NAS-20230720215627.tgz
    1.6 MB · Views: 65

LekkerMan

Cadet
Quick update, the NAS continued to degrade additional drives and in one of the reboots it reported the following error:
"The following system core files were found: python3.9.core"

I found similar errors in other threads and removed the file. I have nothing to loose at this point, since i cant copy any data from the NAS without removing drives. I ran "rm /var/db/system/cores/python3.9.core" from the shell and confirmed the file was removed.

I'm attempting to scrub the degraded pool at the moment.

Peter Larsen

Cadet
I have a similar issue on a updated 13.0-U5.2, 2-3 times daily reboots, and bhyve virtual machines can not connect / get ip / DHCP ...

I solved it for now by going to system -> boot -> select 13.0-U5.1 as active and reboot... VM's came online, I expect other issues to have been reverted too...