CyberPower 750VA

csearle

Contributor
Hey Everybody I recently acquired a CyberPower 750VA. it seems im having issues setting it up. In getting errors connecting it to TrueNas, does any one have any ideas how I can properly Configure the UPS?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 1.49.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 1.49.36 PM.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 249

Alecmascot

Guru
Loads to read about if I search the forum

@csearle

TrueNAS uses NUT. https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

Try the usbhid-ups USB driver, not the powerpanel serial port driver.
Make sure you have the correct USB port selected or leave it in auto.
NOTE: If you connect an additional USB device to your NAS, the USB bus enumeration for the UPS may change, thus it is best to leave in auto.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 3.35.26 PM.png

Last edited:

csearle

Contributor
WOW.. Thank you for the useful tools that worked perfectly....

csearle

Contributor
SoI have a CyberPower 750VA UPS it worked flawlessly for about a year I had to power the server it was connected to down to upgrade the ram. When I powered it back on and it came back online I had connection errors to the UPS. I cycled threw the CyperPower plug-ins and found a different one that would work. I recently had to power it down again. Yet again I had to find a plug in that would work, when it came back online.

Im afraid to shut it down again and not have a plugin to use

Last edited:

TN68

Dabbler
I have the CyberPower 850VA, and there are/weren't the "right" drivers listed, but I found that using the usbhid-ups$CP900AVR driver has worked for 6-8mo without issue. It's was a bit annoying to 'guess' and various drivers but at least cycling through the cyberpower/CP "AVR" models as a start narrowed it down.

I'm noting this as a note to myself incase I forget the driver I'm using... and since it's pretty related to your post I didn't want to start a new one. If you find a driver that works perhaps you can share which one works for the 750VA incase it helps anyone else in the same boat.

csearle

Contributor
Currently usbhid-upsCPS685AVR Diver is working for me for my 750AV