Customizing the dashboard display

genfoch01

Cadet
Version:
TrueNAS-12.0-U1

i was looking for a way to customize the dashboard so show some things i am interested in ( disk temperature for example ) and not show things i am not interested in like the second unused nic. The only thing i have found is a reference to setting up a grafana server and then pointing the reporting ( collectd: i think) to send its data to it.

is there a way to configure the dashboard or is using grafana ( or graphite) server the expected method?

assuming i need to set up a grafana server for this, under system/reporting "number of graph points " the help there says " Number of points for each hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly graph " but i'd like to look at a dashboard and have real time numbers. IE what is my disk temperature right now, not an hour ago which seems to be the implication of the help text. how often does collectd send data to grafana/graphite ?

lastly i see in system/reporting there is a place for a host name/ ip addy for the graphite server. Can i append the port onto the hostname like mygrafana.net:8080 or must i use a standard port?

thanks all for your time.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
There is "system reporting" for more detailed graphs, TrueCommand for customizable reports (multiple systems), or external reporting via grafana or other tools.

genfoch01

Cadet
thanks for your response. the System reporting ( system/reporting ) appears to be only a configuration page for external reporting unless i have misunderstood something.

LarsR

Guru
I think you missounderstood Morgan... In the Truenas Gui there is a whole Menu-Point called Reporting.
There you can monitor things like disk temps, Disk I/O, CPU usage and so on.
With the Menu Point System ->Reporting you can add e.g. the ip of a grafana/influxdb jail for reporting and building a grafana dashboard.

genfoch01

Cadet
thanks for your response i did misunderstand so thats cleared up.

so your second point when i add the ip of the grafana/influxdb server can i add the port (eg 1.2.3.4:8080 ) or is there an assumed port my server must use?

LarsR

Guru
My Grafana Jail uses port 3000 by default.
I think you can edit the grafana.ini to change port 3000 to whatever port you want.
I was happy enough that it only took me like 2-3 hours without any previous knowledge to get it up and running.