Custom Apps not enforcing resource limits

clifford64

Explorer
I have a few different custom apps as well as truecharts apps. I have noticed that the truecharts apps respect the resource limitations imposed on the setup app page, but the custom apps do not. This is also noticeable within netdata and looking at cgroups CPU and memory usage based on limits for the namespaces.

Looking at the deployments of the custom apps through kubectl, the CPU and mem resource limits are completely missing from the custom apps, but show up in the truechart app deployments.

Any idea what might be going on or if this feature shows up but hasn't been fully implemented yet?

I can reproduce the issue, I am using 23.10.1, I create some apps, 1 is truecharts custom app and 3 is truenas self custom app
the truecharts custom app k8s deployment has correct resource limit
```yaml
resources:
limits:
cpu: "1"
memory: 1Gi
requests:
cpu: 10m
memory: 50Mi
```

but the truenas custom app k8s deployment resource limit is not right

```yaml
resources:
limits:
amd.com/gpu: "0"
gpu.intel.com/i915: "0"
nvidia.com/gpu: "0"
```

sfatula

Guru
Did anyone submit a bug report?

clifford64

Explorer
Did anyone submit a bug report?
I belive I tried to, but it was closed because I didn't submit logs. Not sure what logs they wanted or how they would apply, so it ended up just getting closed and I kind of forgot about it.

sfatula

Guru

sfatula

Guru
After doing catalog updates, and app updates, this is resolved for me. Limits are now respected. Looks like ix fixed it, fast!