Docker compose app (portainer) not respecting set resource limitations and majorly lagging truenas GUI

Glynax

Cadet
On scale version 22.12.0. After a variable amount of time of running 15 containers under the docker compose truechart, with portainer the entire GUI for truenas just crawls to be so slow that it is unusable until I ssh in and reboot it. My NFS and SMB shares work fine during this time it's just the web ui that breaks.
Under resource limits I've set it to 1000m which is if I understand right way less than I'd like it to be but any lower numbers make the containers unusable. But either way it does not seem to respect that 1 core/thread assignment and uses all 12.
I've also added something like
cpus: 4
cpu_shares: 1024
to each of my portainer stacks to try and control them inside portainer and I can't tell if those work or not because I have them all set rather low, but truenas' GUI still slows down so much it takes several minutes to load a page and even then I can't interact with it as it takes much longer to load anything ON the page.

• Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
  • CPU ryzen 5 5600x
  • RAM 1 32g ecc unbuffered stick
  • Hard drives 60~ spinners in various configurations but the relevant one here is the boot drive is on a single hynix platinum and the apps are all running off another hynix platinum
  • Hard disk controllers LSI 9206-16E
  • Network cards Broadcom BCM57810 10g dual port fiber card