Currently 9.10.2-U6, Failed Boot USB, Contemplating upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonRN18

Dabbler
My current system is running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6. I know this is not the latest and greatest version but I remember the thing holding me back initially had something to do with the jails/plugins. I have several plugins/jails running, primarily PlexMediaServer, SABNZBD, and Sickbeard plus a few jails that I created for a few different FAMP servers for personal purposes. If I upgrade, will these be lost? I've procrastinated for a while with upgrading due to this fear.

Now, I have a NEW actual problem. Apparently, my USB boot device has a failure. I'm seeing a critical error saying: Boot Volume Condition: ONLINE One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected. I've come to the forum looking for help as to what to do. I know I need to get a new USB thumb drive to replace the one that is failing. I went into "System"->"General" and saved config to a local drive. I would like to upgrade to the latest FreeNAS eventually. Is this a good time to do it and how does it affect my current plugins and jails?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It says applications are unaffected. That means you can still successfully resilver and be on your merry way.

Status
Not open for further replies.