Crashplan reinstall will not update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophee

Explorer
Hello,

I have had to reinstall crashplan and it does not want to update - it is resolutely staying on 3.6.3. No matter what I've tried. I followed the major elements in this HOW-TO, but no luck. (I didn't enable ssh and I haven't tried to connect the backend to the gui as that is 4.4.1 currently.)

Previously I had this working and up to 4.3 but I cannot get it working again from a clean install of FreeNAS with importing previous volumes and deleting old jails, reinstalling plugins.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the Crashplan plugin a number of time since to try and get it started but I am stuck. I am hoping to get this back up and running as I'm off to India for 6 months and I want to have a backup back at home as well as in the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

MeLLy

Dabbler
I've had the same exact thing happen to me. Hopefully someone has an answer.

tophee

Explorer
Still can't get this working. I've stopped the jail and restarted it several times. Tried various ways to fix it by following what others have done. It is still refusing to move up from 3.6.3. Very frustrating.

MeLLy

Dabbler
Okay, I was finally able to get it working. Here is what I did.

I copied .ui_info from my client (my laptop) to the crashplan jail under /var/lib/crashplan. For whatever reason my jail wouldn't create that file. Once I did that and opened the CrashPlan app on my laptop it updated to the latest version. I then copied .ui_info from my crashplan jail to my laptop. Everything works like a charm now. I'm back to normal.

Andrew076

Patron
Did you install Bash?

The newest version needs Bash so from the shell and in the Crash Plan Jail you need to 1) update package then 2) install bash (that is done by doing the following) :
Code:
pkg install pkg
pkg install bash
ln -siv /usr/local/bin/bash /bin/bash

Once bash has been installed you need to start stop and start crashplan to "force it to update"
Code:
service crashplan stop
service crashplan start

Now check your version of crash plan to see if it is version 4.4.1 or higher:

Code:
cat /var/log/crashplan/engine_output.log | grep CPVER

If that worked, then you have your standard .ui_info fixes to get your GUI up and working. If that doesn't work start the most recent issues were discussed and resolved starting in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.