SOLVED Crashplan 4.4.1 OutOfMemoryError

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstathoulis

Dabbler
Hi Everyone,

As most of you probably know, Crashplan is an awesome backup service but sometimes, it will turn your hair white trying to figure out what went wrong during an update etc....

Anyway, after spending countless hours getting 4.4.1 working again I was relieved and thought business as usual. It started off with deep pruning and then block synchronization. Cool, so far so good I thought when it began analyzing... but then noticed that it was stuck at analyzing. After about a minute, Crashplan just closed...:mad: WTF? I thought.... I started again the desktop and then it said it couldn't connect...Now what I thought.. I looked at the log file and it said the ".ui_info" token and the IP had changed to 127.0.0.1 on the headless server.... OK... so I changed it again to what is was. Start the desktop and see it' still analyzing the same folder/file and after about a minute, it closes again. I check the ".ui_info" token and the IP had changed back to 127.0.0.1.

To cut a long story short, Crashplan constantly keeps restarting and because of that "run.conf" & "my.service.xml" gets overwriten with the default values.

In the folder "usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin" there are countless "restart.2015-10-18_10.18.59.log" of these files. e.g. restarting every one to two minutes.

In the folder "/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/log/" there three 50MB files "service.log.0", "service.log.1" and "service.log.2". Scanning I came across this error :

"[10.18.15 10:51:58.526 ERROR ub-BackupMgr .service.backup.BackupController] OutOfMemoryError occurred...RESTARTING! message=OutOfMemoryError in BackupQueue!"

Googling around, I found http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Latest/Troubleshooting/CrashPlan_Closes_Unexpectedly
and this one http://crashplan.probackup.nl/remote-backup/support/q/keeps-stopping-and-starting.en.html

Tried it but it didn't resolve anything. Even as I write this, it's still restarting.... Does anyone else have this type of issue?

Thanks...

andyclimb

Contributor
I am in the same position... out of memory... and rebooting...

com.code42.exception.DebugException: OutOfMemoryError occurred...RESTARTING! message=OutOfMemoryError in BackupQueue! FileTodo[fileTodoIndex = FileTodoIndex[backupFile=BackupFile[8f3c0b10a5f7a6e392e33bfe76fa624a, parent=1ed5e1b0392fdaa447b017893e37518f, type=0, sourcePath=/mnt/multimedia/04 Photos/iphone/IMG_0479.JPG], newFile=true, state=NORMAL, sourceLength=2176807, sourceLastMod=1438940710000], lastVersion = null, startTime = 1445176647592, doneAnalyzing = false, numSourceBytesAnalyzed = 0, doneSending = false, %completed = 0.00%, numSourceBytesCompleted = 0], source=BackupQueue[642925659928133633>42, running=t, #tasks=0, sets=[BackupFileTodoSet[backupSetId=1, guid=42, doneLoadingFiles=t, doneLoadingTasks=f, Fi

cstathoulis

Dabbler
I finally got it working...:D after three days of trial and error and searching the web. The problem apparently was that JAVA was running out of memory as explained here .
Apart from making the necessary changes to "/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/run.conf" it still wouldn't work....

UNTIL... you make a change here too "usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/conf/my.service.xml"
change "<javaMemoryHeapMax>1024m</javaMemoryHeapMax> to "<javaMemoryHeapMax>3072m</javaMemoryHeapMax>"
Now it seems to be working fine...:D

Hopefully this might help you out too..

Status
Not open for further replies.