Couchpotato Permission Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thvmh

Cadet
Dear FreeNas Forum,

I've installed freenas on my homeserver. Now I wanna use Couchpotato. Especially the renamer function. But I only get permissions errors.

Code:
09-10 20:37:07ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Unable writing to file "/media/Downloads/Divergent.2014.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-RARBG/RARBG.com.downloading.ignore": Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/couchpotato/core/plugins/base.py", line 122, in createFile     f = open(path, 'w+' if not binary else 'w+b') IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/Downloads/Divergent.2014.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-RARBG/RARBG.com.downloading.ignore'

I hope you guys can help me. I've followed this guide when setting up: http://forums.freenas.org/index.php...couchpotato-sickbeard-and-transmission.19043/

Thvmh

Cadet
What are the permissions on /media/Downloads?
2014-11-18-06.png

Thvmh

Cadet
It is working now. But not very stable... Couchpotato won't update. I've solved it kind off bij adding all the jail users to the media group and gave the media group permissions. Nogroup an nobody weren't working with coucpotato.

puregreen59

Cadet
It is working now. But not very stable... Couchpotato won't update. I've solved it kind off bij adding all the jail users to the media group and gave the media group permissions. Nogroup an nobody weren't working with coucpotato.

mind giving me a idiots guide to how you did this? its driving me mad

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.