Transmission permission error when moving from /incomplete to destination folder

zimon

Contributor
Long time ago I setup my transmisson / sickrage Setup according to this great guide and it worked for years.
I remember that in addition for having just one `/media/downloads` folder I also had `/media/downloads-alt` where I can put manually torrents which I don't want to be post processed by sickrage.
So whenever I manually downloaded a torrent file I could choose in transmission-remote-gui where it should be downloaded. Either `//Downloads` or `//Downloads-alt`

Recently I wanted to manually download a torrent which should be processed by sickrage, however I could not choose between those two folder, only `//Downloads` was selectable which was actually the desired destination.
Unfortunatly when the download was finished there was an error:
error moving "media/incomplete/thefile.mkv to "/Downloads/thefile.mkv" Unable to create directory for new file: Permission denied
Strangely the file is moved to the /media/downloads-alt... which it shouldn't.

Which is strange since in my understanding transmission should try to move it to /media/downloads in its jail (which is then mapped to /Download).
So I tried to check the transmission setting, if the correct destination folder is set but I could not find any settings about it. I went over the guide but it just said to set "the Download-Directory to /media/downloads" in the plugin settings.
But there is no such settings, and even in the screenshot in the guide I can not see such setting....

So where can I set the destination folder the finished file is moved to? And what the heck is going on in my setup!?

Last edited: