SOLVED Corral 10.0.x Booting in EFI blind mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

entity279

Cadet
Hi, I've been having this issue on a new install of Corral.

If I install in 'BIOS' mode on an SSD, Corral boots up fine (althoght unpleasantly it seems that one has to turn on networking, but eventually it works)

However, I've got 6 SATA ports and 6 drives, so I am forced to install on an usb stick. I can't get it to boot on BIOS mode, and on EFI I'm greeted with this EFI blind mode error just after i select the proper boot entry in grub.

Please help!

Edit : i did tried of course to google for solutions but unhelpfully it seems most discussions point to 404's @ https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues .
I cant tell even where to post a bug report ! :(

entity279

Cadet
Nope, not at all. I am a victim of the powerful PR in the initial Corral announcement, than. Thanks for making me aware

So yeah, I'd like to install something with a higher probability of being stable while also being new. Is it wise to try the 11.0 -RC then?

Note that I've had problems with my prior 9.x install; I could never get it too boot without a monitor attached. Hence my desire to move as far away from that as well

D

dlavigne

If this is a fresh install, I'd recommend trying out 11.0-RC first as it will have the latest drivers and OS, and making sure that is stable for your needs before adding your important data to the drives.

entity279

Cadet
It's working well so far on 11.0-RC meaning no issues with EFI installation and i finally got the server to boot without a monitor.

I'm struggling a bit with low file copy performance now, but I'm betting it's the windows client fault (starts-up with ~80 % of the 1Gbps speed and after a few minutes it stabilisies @ 9-12 MB/s)

Status
Not open for further replies.