SOLVED Copying files from SSD to NAS Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahadshery

Contributor
Hi,

Built my first FreeNAS.
Here is the hardware list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/NbpG3C

I installed SSD just for jails (for better transcoding)
I initially had some Media on the SSD (when i was testing the FreeNAS)....which I want to copy over to my new NAS drives.
The speed I am getting is appalling (2.48 MB/Sec)

Is there something I am doing wrong? I mean this isn't even going over the network... its just copying from one SSD to the NAS drives internally...
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artion

Patron
I want to copy over to my new NAS drives.
The speed I am getting is appalling
Are you doing the copy from the shell of FN? what command you used?

Artion

Patron
I am copying via Windows share. Just get to the network drive and copy and paste from SSD to the NAS drives

I mean this isn't even going over the network... its just copying from one SSD to the NAS drives internally...

well, maybe not. When you copy/move files from different shares you USE network even if they are on the same machine. Take a look at your Windows network statistics. For a true in-box transfer you have to ssh in FN or use the web shell and use the cp or mv or even rsync command to transfer data.

fahadshery

Contributor
well, maybe not. When you copy/move files from different shares you USE network even if they are on the same machine. Take a look at your Windows network statistics. For a true in-box transfer you have to ssh in FN or use the web shell and use the cp or mv or even rsync command to transfer data.

you were absolutely right.... I used the cp and the move was almost instant and superfast!! thank you for your help.

Regards,

Artion

Patron
:) consider marking this thread as solved. look at my signature on how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.