Weird ZFS Errors on new NAS SSD Drives

Hello,

For the past few weeks, I've started to notice some strange write errors on my almost new NAS SSD drives. This happens every few weeks, and I've observed that there are always write errors, each time on a different drive (never the same drive). I usually clear the errors, and then it works fine for another few weeks until yet another drive experiences random write errors. The drives are the WD RED SA500 NAS 2TB model. They are almost new, having been active in the pool for only a few months. The pool is configured as a 7-wide mirror.

https://www.westerndigital.com/it-it/products/internal-drives/wd-red-sata-2-5-ssd?sku=WDS200T1R0A

Capture.PNG

Can anyone help me with this? Has this happened to anyone else in the past?

P.S.: I also noticed that most of the time when this happens, there are almost always 10 write errors (I don't know if this is a coincidence or not).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

NugentS

MVP
Hardware, as per forum rules please.
Oh - and be very specific about hwo the SSD's are plugged in and to what

Hello,

Sorry, here the hardware config
OS Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2
Server: DELL PowerEdge R730xd
CPU: 2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v3 @ 2.60GHz
Memory:126 GiB DDR4 REG ECC
Controller: DELL HBA330
1st Pool 7 x MIRROR 2 wide 1.82 TiB WD RED SA500 NAS
Firmware version HBA: 16.17.01.00

The drives are directly pugged into the front hotswap bays which are connected to the SATA Backplane which connects to the HBA330.

NugentS

MVP
126GB RAM - thats an unusual number - albeit probably not relevant.

It shouldn't be an issue with heat on the HBA - as thats a proper server and a proper HBA and the whole thing is specc'd right.

Open Question: Is that the right firmware on the HBA?

Etorix

Wizard
If the HBA330 is a rebranded 9300, the firmware version we want to see is 16.00.12.00: