SOLVED Continuous resilvering after move

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJS

Patron
Gents,

Just completed a move, but I made sure to take my main server with me in the car (the movers took my backup one). Ironically enough, it's the main server that's giving me an issue now - ever since I replugged it in for the first time today (had been offline for a bit more than a week), I've had a DEGRADED notice because one of the drives, ada1, has too many errors. Now, it's in a constant state of resilvering, with the following repeated (like every second) error in the "window" in the GUI : "CAM status : uncorrectable parity/CRC error."

I just fired everything up again today and my Replication is scheduled to occur every night at midnight, so just in case I've got corrupted data, I'll shut down the main server before midnight. I also have e-mail alerts setup if drive temps are above 40 deg and I haven't received anything, so I don't think it's heat.

I know in previous threads some guys were saying that with such an error, a loose or bad cable was likely, so I'll look at that quick tomorrow too. With a move, I supposed that's a possibility. But I guess I'm just wondering : any ideas other than that?

I've got a spare hard drive just waiting and ready to be swapped in, but after the cable, is that the next thing I should do? Will that solve things?

Cheers!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
With a recent move you should absolutely check all cable connections before you proceed.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
check your cables one probably came lose.

SilverJS

Patron
OK, so checked cables this morning quick. I couldn't find any that were visibly loose, but I pressed them back into place of sorts, rebooted, and no more CAM error.

About 89 Megs were resilvered real quick, and then things were stable. I cleared the errors, waited a bit more, rebooted, and all is well so far.

Looks like this is solved, thanks everyone for the help.

melloa

Wizard
Glad you fixed your problem and I learned something in the process ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.