Constant restart during boot following 9.3.1-9.10 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
I decided to upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.10 today after doing some backups first. :)

The upgrade in WebGUI seemed to go fine and my box rebooted to complete the process but goes into a continuous boot loop. Everything goes fine, devices are recognised, ZFS storage is imported with no errors shown, the network is brought up and then I see a message about vbox (which I don't run but have done previously) then a message stating 'starting rpcbind' at which point the system reboots.

I've switched back to 9.3.1 now so that I have a working system but would like to try and figure out what the issue might be but my searches have drawn a blank.

Any suggestions/advice gratefully accepted.

D

dlavigne

Do you have time to make a debug before it reboots (using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug). If so, post it.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
I'm not able to get into the webui to do anything before the reboot occurs.

D

dlavigne

In that case, the best you can do is create a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) on the working system and include that in a bug report, explaining the situation after the upgrade. Create the report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Apologies, been away the last week so haven't been able to try this again. I've created a new bug report (#15082) with my debug logs attached as suggested.

Isaias

Dabbler
I have the same problem. All updates applied correctly and when you boot from the new kernel , the server reboots without displaying any error. It does not generate any crash report . If I use the latest kernel version 9.3, it works correctly. Can you be due to some incompatibility ?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.