[SOLVED] Freenas 9.10 web gui changed? [browser exstensions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castigo

Dabbler
Hy all,

this is my first post in the forum, but I've been enjoying your great community for a few months now, and I learned a great deal from you all! :)

Two days ago I've experienced the certificate error in switching between 9.3 .1 and 9.10, getting locked out of my machine. After the last upgrade to 9.3.1 I've got the 'change train' notification, updated to 9.10 and that was it, no more access...

I managed to regain access after a few headsmashing moments (hours... noob), but I have noticed that the GUI has changed. the left column no longer has icons, but only pluses and minuses. The GUi really looked broken...

I decided it was a fluke, so I got a new usb boot drive, installed a clean iso of 9.10, booted in... and it was the same... I restored a previous config I had and started investigating.

I disabled HTTPS and moved to HTTP. Eliminated my self signerd certs and imported my volumes. My array was fine, all data was there.

But after this update I had recurring connection problems, despite having set the connection protocol to HTTP. Time outs, unable to reach (but the IP was the same and correct and the machine and jails all worked and appeared in my network map).

I was wondering if any of you had the same wierd issues and, most of all, does your GUI in 9.10 looks exactly the same as 9.3.1?

I had to terminate my freenas box and switch to unraid (30 day free) to have reliable access to my server and data, hoping that these issues will be ironed out in the next month....

Thanks for any help and opinions you might provide! :)

p.s: unfortunatly I cannot provide screenshots of the problem... I was using both Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi, just so you know.

Castigo

Dabbler
Very strange then! I don't understand what could have gone wrong with the upgrade before and with the clean install after...

I'll try to set up a VM in windows and install the 9.10 iso in it, and see if the gui problems are still there!

Castigo

Dabbler
Even in the VM 9.10 looks like this:

freenas capture.PNG

Does this looks correct to you?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
upload_2016-4-8_11-12-1.png

Castigo

Dabbler
thanks for the snapshot man. The builds are different... I got mine from the download page @ freenas...

May I ask when did you get yours? Did you update from the GUI?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
It was an up to date 9.3 that was then upgraded to 9.10. This upgrade was right after 9.10 was released, and it has not been updated since.
I meant to include that info in my post with the picture. :smile:

Castigo

Dabbler
Understood, thanks! :)

Sakuru

Guru

Castigo

Dabbler
It's just a test VM to see the GUI, my setup is in the signature.

Sakuru

Guru
Ah, ok. Do you use any extensions in your browsers?

Castigo

Dabbler
Yes, I do actually, on both Chrome and Firefox. I see your point, I'll try disable them all and see what happens! ;)

Castigo

Dabbler
And here we go:

Freenas capture 2.PNG

I'll have to find which one is the culprit, but now it all looks allright in the VM!

Excellent! :)

Castigo

Dabbler
Thanks everyone :):)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm having the same problem on my main desktop when using Firefox. When on Chrome (or using any of my other computers) it works fine. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the browser. I haven't had a chance to figure out what is going wrong, but I might get to it in the next month or two. Since I never log into my main server, it's a low priority issue. :P

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Come to think of it, I was having this issue on 10.x alpha with my Chrome browser. Sounded like a known issue according to jkh. Wonder if something from 10 creeped into 9.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.