SOLVED 9.3 to 9.10 Update Went Badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByteTamer

Dabbler
Yesterday I logged in to my FreeNAS server and found that 9.3 was in maintenance mode. I decided to update to 9.10 so I changed the train to 9.10 cleaned up all my old boot files so I had over 50% space on my 4Gig USB. The update seemed to go well until I logged into the GUI and found the following error in the System, Network, Directory and Services tabs across the top of the GUI.

{"events": [], "error": true, "message": "Error: no such column: system_advanced.adv_graphite"}

It seems to be running 9.10 since I am now getting emails of 9.10 updates available. I can still see all my users and the reporting seems to show regular backup activity.

How can I recover the System, Network, Directory and Services tabs information?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I'd try rolling back to 9.3 using the boot menu. That doesn't sound right.

D

dlavigne

Also, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Sounds like something is amiss in the migration script.

ByteTamer

Dabbler
Depasseg,
try rolling back to 9.3 using the boot menu
I can't since the boot menu is under the System tab which I can't see.

Dlavigne:
please create a bug report
I will do that. I am going to download 9.3 this morning so I can load it on a new USB stick to get to back to 9.3. I will then try to upgrade again. If I run into problems I will keep track of the error messages I run into to help diagnose this problem.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Depasseg,

I can't since the boot menu is under the System tab which I can't see.

Dlavigne:

I will do that. I am going to download 9.3 this morning so I can load it on a new USB stick to get to back to 9.3. I will then try to upgrade again. If I run into problems I will keep track of the error messages I run into to help diagnose this problem.
The boot menu is available upon boot of the server, not just in the GUI

ByteTamer

Dabbler
After doing some testing yesterday I have concluded that I was dealing with a failing USB stick. I was able to load 9.3 on a new 8 gig USB stick and my server came up normally. I then updated to 9.10 and the server came up normally.

I did not submit a ticket for this problem since it appears to be my hardware problem instead of a FreeNas update problem.

pirateghost:

The boot menu is available upon boot of the server, not just in the GUI
There is a "DUH" moment for me :) I'm normally in the GUI and I have so few problems with my server that I totally forgot about the boot up menu. Thank you for the reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.