FreeNAS Version: 9.10.2
Hardware details:
  • Motherboard: ASUS P10S WS
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • RAM: 2 × Kingston(R) ValueRAM(R) 8GB 2133 ECC
Pool configuration:
  1. 4 × Western Digital 4TB Red drives in RAIDZ2 configuration
  2. 1 × ADATA 240GB SSD for ZIL/ARC/Cache drive
It would be great if I could get some help on this and solve this issue.

Everything was working fine until I tried setting up LACP, lagg0, with the 2 onboard NIC(s), igb0 and igb1, in the WebGUI.
After I clicked "Apply", the Web interface hanged so ... EDIT: I configured the Link Aggregation in the "Console setup" menu instead. But it still wasn't working then I deleted the lagg0 interface in the "Console setup" menu and I reconfigured the Link Aggregation then ... I restarted the system with the "Console setup" menu instead, option 13.

After it rebooted, I keep getting an endless stream of the "Console menu" being echo-ed on the screen, I cannot access the WebGUI nor the Shell as I am unable to input anything.

I have tried:
  1. Physically disconnecting the network cables and rebooted but it didn't work.
  2. Manually disabling the network interfaces on the motherboard in BIOS and rebooted but it didn't work.
  3. Tried booting into "Verbose Mode" in the boot environment menu but gets stuck in the "Console setup" loop.
  4. Tried booting into "Single User Mode" in the boot environment menu but it gets stuck at "Trying to mount root from zfs:freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2 []..."
  5. Booting into older version, 9.10.1-U4, in the boot environment menu works but that's about all I can do from there.

Thank you!

EDIT: There is probably a bug somewhere in either the "Console setup" menu or the WebGUI when creating/deleting/configuring Link Aggregation interfaces

Last edited:

melloa

Wizard
Do you have your config saved before the changes? If so and everything else fails, reinstall, import volumes, and import config.

Cheejyg

Dabbler
Do you have your config saved before the changes? If so and everything else fails, reinstall, import volumes, and import config.
Nope, I don't think I have. I'm still purty new to this but I believe FreeNAS does a auto backup of the config?

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/system.html#general
FreeNAS® automatically backs up the configuration database to the system dataset every morning at 3:45.

Within the system dataset, located either within (one of your) data pool(s) or in your boot pool, the saved configs are in a folder
configs-<128bit-id>/FreeNAS-<version>/

Cheejyg

Dabbler
http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/system.html#general
FreeNAS® automatically backs up the configuration database to the system dataset every morning at 3:45.

Within the system dataset, located either within (one of your) data pool(s) or in your boot pool, the saved configs are in a folder
configs-<128bit-id>/FreeNAS-<version>/
I think I found it, what do I do now?

BdQ4kyq.png

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser

Cheejyg

Dabbler
[SOLVED]
  1. Booted into an older version in the boot environment menu (Initial-Install or default works fine) in Normal bootup
  2. Allowed Login as Root with password and started SSH service
  3. SSH-ed in as root and mounted freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2 onto /mnt

iIrc:
    Code:
    zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2 freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2
  4. SFTP-ed in as root and GET /mnt/data/freenas-v1.db
  5. Ran the SQLite command:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM `network_interfaces` WHERE `int_interface` LIKE 'lagg%';
    DELETE FROM `network_lagginterface`;
    DELETE FROM `network_lagginterfacemembers`; 
    on freenas-v1.db
  6. PUT freenas-v1.db back into /mnt/data/freenas-v1.db
  7. exit and Reboot FreeNAS
  8. Boot into 9.10.2, Normal bootup in the boot environment menu
EDIT: There is probably a bug somewhere in either the "Console setup" menu or the WebGUI when creating/deleting/configuring Link Aggregation interfaces

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

There is probably a bug somewhere in either the "Console setup" menu or the WebGUI when creating/deleting/configuring Link Aggregation interfaces

If you believe that to be the case, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Last edited by a moderator:

toyebox

Explorer
I too am having the exact same issue. Going to try and repair it like you did. Thank you!

Cheejyg

Dabbler
I too am having the exact same issue. Going to try and repair it like you did. Thank you!
You'd probably want to run the SQLite commands using FreeNAS itself (or FreeBSD) if you are going to try and repair it like I did, there were some hidden columns that might not save correctly on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.