Compatibility check for NAS mass storage and plex build

TM2222

Dabbler
Hi All,

Could I get some advice on if or how the listed components could run a freenas?

Ram: Patriot Viper Gaming NON-ECC Unbuffered DIMM PC4-17000 (2133MHz)
CPU: i5-9400F Desktop Processor 6 Cores 4.1 GHz Turbo Without Graphics
MoBo: MSI Z370 SLI PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370
Drives: 4x 10TB red HDDs from WD, a year into their lifespan. No issues yet.

I'm asking because when I tried a bare metal freenas install it failed and I believe it was asking for a 32 bit file pathway, but I'm not sure.

The boot drive is a sata SSD I've been using for my current freenas for the past year with no issue.
I do have a gtx1070 in if needed

Let me know if additional info is needed,
Thanks

Inxsible

Guru
My advice would be to buy proper server grade hardware.

TM2222

Dabbler
My advice would be to buy proper server grade hardware.

Thanks, but these are parts that I already have and I don't have the $4-700 for server grade hardware. If the op parts list would work I'd like to use what I have.

Alecmascot

Guru
Go for it...it's your data.....

Inxsible

Guru
but these are parts that I already have
In that case, yeah you can use the parts. Usually the advice is to buy server grade if you are getting parts. If you have them already, then no point in buying new parts.

TM2222

Dabbler
In that case, yeah you can use the parts. Usually the advice is to buy server grade if you are getting parts. If you have them already, then no point in buying new parts.

Thanks, I'm mainly asking for a hardware compatibility confirmation. That the chipset and cpu will perform the functions and features of Freenas or if there're any glaring issues that will stop it. I tried to read through the hardware guide, but too much was over my head.