SOLVED Comparing X11SSM-F-O Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupkey

Cadet
I'm trying to determine if two listed boards are the same or not. They have slightly different model numbers and $50 price difference.

SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSM-F-O Micro ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1151 Intel C236
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813183013

Supermicro Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Motherboards X11SSM-F-O
https://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-Micro-DDR4-Motherboards-X11SSM-F/dp/B018AX44Q4

The only difference I can spot is the MBD supports DDR4 2400.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
X11SSM-F-O is the part of the model number that matters. These two boards are the same. The one from NewEgg should be in a new factory sealed box with all the pictured accessories. The one from Amazon may have been 'bulk packed' and may not include any accessories including the IO shield.
Since they are both listed as "new", there must be some difference in what is included or the condition to justify the price variance but the base product is the same system board.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

anmnz

Patron
The one from Amazon may have been 'bulk packed' and may not include any accessories including the IO shield.

As I understand it the bulk-packaging variant would be X11SSM-F-B, not -O, right?

If the listings are correct then they really should be exactly the same product.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
As I understand it the bulk-packaging variant would be X11SSM-F-B, not -O, right?

If the listings are correct then they really should be exactly the same product.
That's the thing, if the listing is correct... I would be more likely to trust the NewEgg listing to be accurate. The Amazon seller may have bought a case of the bulk packed boards and be selling them as if they are retail boards. It really is the same board, you just don't get the fancy box and sometimes the sellers doing that don't send the accessories with it. It is all down to the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.