Cloud credentials - pCloud (EU datacenter needs other api url ?)

HeMaN68

Dabbler
Hi,

I do not know where to post this, but think it is closest to development.

I am using TrueNAS CORE 12 and wanted to setup a cloud sync task to pCloud (black friday price for 2TB lifetime seems interesting).
I created an account on pcloud in the european datacenter and in truenas I started to create the cloud credentials for pcloud, using the pcloud pre defined settings in that menu.

I can successfully login to the pCloud and obtain the "access token" string, and the OAuth Client ID and Secret. They are shown in the respective fields in the GUI.
However, when I do the "verify credential" I can not validate and get this message:

Code:
Error: 2020/11/27 16:20:51 ERROR : : error listing: couldn't list files: pcloud error: Invalid 'access_token' provided. (2094)
2020/11/27 16:20:51 Failed to lsjson with 2 errors: last error was: error in ListJSON: couldn't list files: pcloud error: Invalid 'access_token' provided. (2094)

I contacted pCloud support and they answered this:
Please note that your account is located on the EU servers. You should probably use "eapi.pcloud.com" instead of "api.pcloud.com".

Apparently they use a different api url for european based clients then for us based clients.

Is there a way I can change the used url for this service somewhere in a config file in the system to see if that can fix the issue?

HeMaN68

Dabbler
Came across this ticket in Jira. seems to be resolved in 12.0-U1
Link to jira NAS-108286

Too bad that will be released after black friday, so the pCloud offer is expired before I can verify it will work

Jatrabari

Contributor
If the update is on schedule on the 8th of December, the promotion ends tomorrow and I read the terms correctly, the update lands, by my calculation, on the second to last day of the 10 day money-back guarantee of the promotion so you would have two days to verify. Right?

HeMaN68

Dabbler
If the update is on schedule on the 8th of December, the promotion ends tomorrow and I read the terms correctly, the update lands, by my calculation, on the second to last day of the 10 day money-back guarantee of the promotion so you would have two days to verify. Right?

Thanks for that idea :cool:, I did't think about the money-back guarantee. I just purchased it and hope 12.0 U1 will be in time and also fix the issue :)
(In the worst case I can always switch to an US datacenter)

Jatrabari

Contributor
Thanks for that idea :cool:, I did't think about the money-back guarantee. I just purchased it and hope 12.0 U1 will be in time and also fix the issue :)
(In the worst case I can always switch to an US datacenter)

I have faith in the update as the bug has been reported and it is done for U1. Worst case if not U1, then U2 which due January...

PS. :wink: I have been eyeing the same promotion and thiking of buying it.

HeMaN68

Dabbler
hello what about of a try with https://download.freenas.org/12.1/MASTER/202011180538/ maybe a virtual machine with that release to verify if the bugfix was incuded in success

(I deleted my previous reply because of the wrong truenas version used to test. New reply below)

I tried in the truenas 12.1 release mentioned above and updated with the latest updates available of today.

I now get an extra field in the pcloud credential screen; hostname
However when I try to "login to provider" I get an error

Code:
Not Found

The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

The url tha tis being used to retrieve the pcloud credentials is:
Code:
https://www.freenas.org/oauth/pcloud2?origin=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.150.128%2Fui%2Fsystem%2Fcloudcredentials%2Fadd

the difference with the current (12.0) screen is the "2" after pcloud in the url.

HeMaN68

Dabbler
I got a reply on my comment I made at the jira ticket after some testing with 12.1 in a test vm.
I found a blocking issue (url not existant) and a minor issue (verify credentials not working).

the blocking issue has been fixed today (url is made available on the ixsystems site).

I can confirm that with nightly release 12.1 and latest updates I made a successful sync with the eu cloud datacenter.

Cant wait for 12-U1 to be released :)

HeMaN68

Dabbler
Confirmed working in TrueNAS 12.0-U1
(for existing pCloud credentials, use the "login to provider" button again to obtain the hostname)

fschnitzler

Cadet
Hi there, I am new to Truenas...
Same problem with connecting to pcloud in TrueNAS-13,0-U3.1
Any solution?
Thanks a lot!