Clone system disk failure

ferdlzink

Cadet
Hello,

i am relatively new to freebsd/freenas, so i am sorry when the answers to my questions actually should be clear.
I installed ~1 year ago a freenas system with 2 data ssd's and another ssd for virtual machines.

For the system drive i used an old hdd (320GB). But because i am afraid of that this old hdd will get a disk-fault i want to clone the whole system drive to a new samsung ssd (512GB). Because a friend of mine had bought for other reasons Acronis True Image 2019 i tried it with this software. At the clone process i selected that the partitions should not get resized, the size of the partitions on the new ssd should be exactly the same like the size of the partitions on the old hdd.

But when i try to boot from the new ssd, i get the following error message: "Bootloader to large".

How can i fix this issue?
Or is there a better way to make a clone of my system drive (hdd to ssd)?

Redcoat

MVP

ferdlzink

Cadet
Hello,
thanks a lot! It's easier than i expected :)

I currently have a 320GB (~300GiB) system drive. But there is a few GB used. Is it possible to make a disk mirroring setup with an 128GB SSD?

sretalla