CIFS - Subfolders not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasbaci

Dabbler
Hello Everyone,

I have recently had to rebuild my server from a failed boot drive crash. Once the new install of FreeNas was complete, I was successful in importing my volume with out any data lost. I then proceeded to create the CIFS shares for my windows machines, and that's where I found an issue. I have two datasets one is for a file share and the other for media. I am able to browse the files and folders on the file share, but not on the media share. I do know that the data is preserved cause I am able to completely setup my PLEX server with the media files and folders. I can also see the media files and folders via a Linux machine, the error only occurs when accessing the data via a windows machine.

Any suggestions or thoughts greatly appreciated.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Post following information:
  • Version of FreeNAS
  • Hardware specs
  • /etc/local/smb4.conf
  • any unusual entries in /var/log/messages and /var/log/samba4/log.smbd
  • getfacl output for both datasets. In the CLI type "getfacl /path/to/dataset"

If you feel like it, post your debug file (in the GUI click 'system' -> 'advanced' -> 'save debug'. Review its contents before posting as it may contain information you don't want to post on the internet. Alternatively, you can PM the debug to me.

chasbaci

Dabbler
Current Version : FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506222346

Hardware:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz
Mem: 32 Gig ECC
Board: SuperMicro X10SLA-F
Boot Drive: Corsair 30g Solid State Drive SATA3
Volume Drive : 6x 3TB Seagate SATA3 drives

Needing a bit more information on how to extract the information you are needing to help be debug this issue.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Okay. The easiest method of getting the information I requested is to do the following
  1. in the GUI click 'system' -> 'advanced' -> 'save debug'. This will download a debug file for you.
  2. use 7-zip (or some similar program) to extract the archive.
  3. open the archive, go to "ixdiagnose\fndebug\CIFS", rename "dump" to "CIFS" and upload.
  4. open the archive, go to "ixdiagnose\log\samba4", and upload log.smbd

chasbaci

Dabbler
anodos,

Sent you a private message with the requested info

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Try the following:
  • Either disable hostname lookups in CIFS config or configure FreeNAS to use your local DNS.
  • Create a user (perhaps use same credentials as you use to authenticate to your Windows workstation), and make the new user owner of the datasets you are sharing.

chasbaci

Dabbler
Disabled hostnames lookup and configured FreeNas to use local DNS. Also created a username and password on the local win machine to match that of the FreeNas account and still not able to browse the files and folders of the Media share.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
To browse the directories you need to give the user you are connected as read permissions and execute permissions on the directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.