Find files over AFP bug / only have results in folder, don't in subfolders

Status
Not open for further replies.

negozio

Cadet
I'm trying to search with the finder through a whole networkshare by using cmd+F and choosing the actual directory - the search only finds files in the directory where i'm just in but not in the subfolders

using the same directory from the smb-share it works as expected is this a OSX (Finder) bug or something the AFP-Protocol of the FREENAS?

The problem is in 8.04, but i make a upgrade for 8.2 and the problem persists.
Exemple: I have a share in the folder MEDIA, in the this folder have others subfolders, i put a file in the subfolder "files" called rocky.ok?
In the Macosx ( 10.7 / 10.6 ) i find via cmd+F select MEDIA and type "rocky"... the result is "zero", the NAS dont find the file, if the this is was in the MEDIA folder the serch is OK.
Now i click in the MEDIA after click in "files" and return to select MEDIA and cmd+f again, and voila, the Finder return the result correct, said that file rocky is in the "files" subfolder of the MEDIA.
I disconnect from NAS and reconnect, the find don't work again. I select again MEDIA/FILES and return the search, works.
Now, in the my NAS that have zillions of the folders and subfolders, how a search files in my NAS via AFP, turn on spotlight is bad, have more that 30 machines access the NAS, and have more that 8 TB of the files, for index all i will be waiting various months for index and don't work.
We have other Server with Windows :( and ExtremeZIP, the MacOS work great the Find files directly from Finder, because the Freenas no????

Status
Not open for further replies.