Chelsio T420-BT Drivers Not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicPet07

Cadet
I'm running a clean install of FreeNAS 9.10.1-U4 and it's not loading the driver for the T420-BT NIC at boot up. I have 2 questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. Why? and can I manually load the driver?
  2. How can I fix this in the long term?
I'm actually having the same problem on a second system running a temporary install of FreeNAS 9.10.1-U4.

I'm dealing with other issues with the T420-BT on a Windows system but that's another story and not an urgent one at this point. I'd rather get the 2 FreeNAS boxes behaving.

I spent some time playing around with this hardware and the FreeNAS 10 BETA2 and it appeared that everything was working ok. I rolled back to the stable version for now as I will be using the system rather heavily in the near future.

Any Ideas?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You can't flip flop from beta releases back to stable. Be more clear with what you did or just try a fresh install of 9.10.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SonicPet07

Cadet
You can't flip flop from beta releases back to stable. Be more clear with what you did or just try a fresh install of 9.10.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I thought I was with my first line... It's a completely clean install. Wiped out all the drives and installed a clean version of 9.10. I only mention the Beta Install because the Nic should up fine on it and not on the clean 9.10 install.

SonicPet07

Cadet
In the dmesg output I get the following. Any thoughts? Any thing to try?

Code:
t4nex0: <Chelsio T420-BT> mem 0xfba80000-0xfbabffff,0xfb000000-0xfb7fffff,0xfbbc4000-0xfbbc5fff irq 50 at device 0.4 on pci129
t4nex0: failed to connect to the firmware: 16, 0.
t4nex0: error during attach, adapter is now in recovery mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.