Certbot will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

dureal99d

Contributor
ive been trying for roughly 4 days to get certbot installed for use with nexcloud 12.3 and it will not cooperate, it does give some error. any ideas??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/certbot", line 6, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3038, in <module>
@_call_aside
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3022, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3051, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 659, in _build_master
return cls._build_from_requirements(__requires__)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 672, in _build_from_requirements
dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 862, in resolve
raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (cryptography 1.7.2 (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages), Requirement.parse('cryptography>=1.9(['PyOpenSSL']))

D

dlavigne

Which build version of FreeNAS (System -> Information). Are you installing into a jail or on the FreeNAS system itself? If in a jail, did you update the ports tree first or tried installing the pkg instead?

dureal99d

Contributor
Which build version of FreeNAS (System -> Information). Are you installing into a jail or on the FreeNAS system itself? If in a jail, did you update the ports tree first or tried installing the pkg instead?[/QUO

Build
FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory 24529MB

Certbot >>>>>>>I'm attempting to install inside a jail

im using ssh (putty) as it is far easier to use than the internal shell and when or if i need to copy files to the folder such as certs generated from sites like free ssl, e.t.c. that otherwise cannot be copied i use filezilla.

if by update to ports you mean "portsnap fetch" & "portsnap extract" yes i did. if im missing something please inform.
i tried to run the commands as is stated on the certbot website absent the (sudo) as it does not work on freenas
and the above is the error i received.

another thing I've noticed in every tutorial online is that a folder and sub folder called "letsencrypt/live" exist, i thought certbot would create this, or at the very least the instructions here>>> https://certbot.eff.org/#freebsd-apache would instruct one to do so maunually but no go.

i see plenty of youtube directions for ubuntu but none for freebsd 11 which i think is the back bone of this ware

regardless non has worked for me

i am using apache24 and mysql 5.6

i have spent a lot of hours deleting and reinstalling nextcloud 12+ trying different configs and certbot is the only thing i haven't found a working tutorial for. but trust I've been trying

im willing to do a ssh session ot whatever it take to remedy this situation.

im quite sure its my lack of knowledge on the subject matter in some form or another but i truly need this up and working as i will be giving access to the outside world (user specific) of course.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's a bug. The port was recently updated and the package should be available soon to fix the problem.

dureal99d

Contributor
It's a bug. The port was recently updated and the package should be available soon to fix the problem.
Whew; ok, I thought it was me. Being as I now know it's a bug. is there another way outside of certbot to achieve the https configuration?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

danb35

Hall of Famer
is there another way outside of certbot to achieve the https configuration?
There are lots of ways, and lots of other clients. I suggested certbot initially since it's the "official" and best-documented client, but I use dehydrated instead--it's a much simpler client, with very few dependencies, but it will require you to manually edit your Apache config file(s) to support SSL with your new certificate. Another popular client (more popular than dehydrated, probably) is acme.sh.

dureal99d

Contributor
There are lots of ways, and lots of other clients. I suggested certbot initially since it's the "official" and best-documented client, but I use dehydrated instead--it's a much simpler client, with very few dependencies, but it will require you to manually edit your Apache config file(s) to support SSL with your new certificate. Another popular client (more popular than dehydrated, probably) is acme.sh.
I see, well looks like I have work to do.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The certbot package has been updated, it should work for you now.

dureal99d

Contributor
The certbot package has been updated, it should work for you now.
Still gives the same error

root@nextcloud12_1:/usr/local/bin # "certbot"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/certbot", line 6, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3038, in <module>
@_call_aside
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3022, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3051, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 659, in _build_master
return cls._build_from_requirements(__requires__)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 672, in _build_from_requirements
dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 862, in resolve
raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (cryptography 1.7.2 (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages), Requirement.parse('cryptography>=1.9'), set(['PyOpenSSL']))

danb35

Hall of Famer
root@nextcloud12_1:/usr/local/bin # "certbot"
Why are you putting certbot in quotes? I doubt that has anything to do with the problems you're seeing, but it still seems very odd.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Why are you putting certbot in quotes? I doubt that has anything to do with the problems you're seeing, but it still seems very odd.
Yeah pkg install py27-certbot should install it.

dureal99d

Contributor
Yeah pkg install py27-certbot should install it.
You're supposed to be able to type in certbot or certbot-Auto and the program is supposed to execute and configure things. It's not happening instead throwing the error

dureal99d

Contributor
Ok so ive been trying to use all these different wares to achieve ssl, and have been quite unsuccessful. is it possible to achieve ssl using pfsense for any server that is behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.