Case sensitivity changes automatically from "mixed" to "sensitive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacemarine

Contributor
If I set the case sensitivity of a dataset from "sensitive" to "mixed" and immediately click the "edit options" icon again, I will show "sensitive" again. Am I missing something here? Do I have to reboot for the changes to take effect? Or is it a bug?

Also it seems that if I change it back to "mixed" a few times, then suddenly the share type changes from "windows" to "unix".

What is happening here?

I am using the newest version of freenas, 9.3.

------------------
Edit: I just checked: If I change the the permission type using the "key" symbol in the left coloumn, it will remain as "windows". If I use the right "wrench" symbol to change something, it will change back to "unix". Are those two different types of permission settings? Also under the left icon it is called "permission type", under the right icon it is called "share type". Now I am totally confused...

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have no recommendation. I'd put a bug ticket in, but if you do please provide specific steps on what you are doing. screenshots are even better. And please include a debug file for the devs. ;)

stualden

Explorer
Has this been reported as a bug? If so, please point me to it. I am getting the same behavior (I think), and just to expand on the details a bit:

--Setting share type to anything (Unix, Windows or Mac) and case sensitivity to Sensitive and it will to "stick" (your settings stay put).
--Setting share type to anything and case sensitivity to Insensitive or Mixed does not stick - the next time you check, sensitivity has changed itself to Sensitive.
--If AFTER CHECKING and then trying to change the Sensitive back to what you wanted (say Insensitive or Mixed), the next time you check, it will have reverted to Unix/Sensitive (even if your share type was Windows or Mac previously).

So for example, in my particular case, although I want Windows/Insensitive, the closest I can get is Windows/Sensitive.

stualden

Explorer
Sorry, getting my bearings around here - looks like it's Bug 8002. My notes above provide a little more detail than the pictures there.

If this is just a GUI issue, could someone please point me to a guide where I can learn how to make the changes with the command line? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.