Can't Understand SNMP zPool Data

KazuyaDarklight

Dabbler
I have everything going to monitor the pool(s) but I don't understand the numbers freenas generates and can't find anywhere explaining it. I have a 6.12TB pool with 616.59GBs of space left. The SNMP reading for that pool is a size of 1,862,270,976 with 219,830,163 available. I can't figure out where that is coming from. I also discovered I can't completely ignore it and just calculate a % of the stated size because that is somehow inaccurate. I tried to make a 10% remaining error point by doing that, I got 186,227,097, then I cleared some snapshots and got the pool down from 93% used to 91% in the WebUI, but the sensor reported I was now out of the 10% remaining danger zone.

For those who will inevitably ask why:
We use PRTG, I want to monitor our FreeNAS because 1) central monitoring view along with all our other stuff and 2) I can have it automatically send notices to relevant people when things happen.

Example, video guys start to fill up their SSD space, time for them to move stuff to the archive. Instead of me noticing or getting a FreeNAS email at some point and telling them (and then having to stay on top of them), PRTG can automatically harass them the moment it happens and turn up the pressure as things get worse with increasingly urgent and recurring emails.