Can't start FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcroTerion

Cadet
I am new.

I have installed FreeNAS on a USB drive in an old computer, which worked fine. But now when I start the computer it doesn't boot into FreeNAS. In fact it freezes and soon a an image appears on screen. I have tried different USB drives. I can't get into the bios or anything. At first I thought it might be loading or something but I waited 15 minutes and nothing happened.

If I start without the drive in I can get into the bios and stuff, but the computer freezes as soon as I insert the drive.

Help please.

Last edited by a moderator:

melloa

Wizard
Please provide server hardware information and FreeNAS version. That will help the folks here to pin-point the problem.

AcroTerion

Cadet
Please provide server hardware information and FreeNAS version. That will help the folks here to pin-point the problem.

Ok sorry.

Freenas 11.0
8gb flash drive
Amd phenom 9550
4gb ddr2 ram

Edit: gigabyte ga-ma74gm-s2h

Last edited:

melloa

Wizard
If I start without the drive in I can get into the bios and stuff, but the computer freezes as soon as I insert the drive.

I'd think you have a problem with your hardware/hardware compatibility to support the USB device you are connecting to/USB port. Also:

4gb ddr2 ram

That's half of the minimum needed for FreeNAS to run. FreeNAS requires 8GB RAM to run.

Will let others to comment on cpu and MoBo as I'm not familiar with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.