SOLVED Can't see snapshots in GUI but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud

Contributor
I'm running FreeNAS-11.0-U2 and have a slight problem viewing snapshots in the GUI the screen just keeps trying to load but nothing ever shows up all I get is "loading..."

I know they are working because I can see them in the shell with zfs list -t snapshot.

So anyone have any ideas as to where to even start looking to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

nojohnny101

Wizard
What are you using for boot media? USB drives can sometimes be flaky and give slow performance.

Artion

Patron
For experience can say that problems with GUI visualisations can be related to the boot media. I've resolved by saving the configuration, recreating the boot media (or using a another one) and importing the configuration.

Spud

Contributor
What are you using for boot media? USB drives can sometimes be flaky and give slow performance.

For experience can say that problems with GUI visualisations can be related to the boot media. I've resolved by saving the configuration, recreating the boot media (or using a another one) and importing the configuration.

Yep I am booting from a USB and this seems like it could be the problem, I'll give this a try and hopefully fix it, thanks guys!

Spud

Contributor
Ok I have replaced the USB boot drive with another one (different brand also) and still getting the same problem, very disappointed to be honest as I thought this was the answer.

So guys anyone got anything else I might be able to try?

Artion

Patron
Ok I have replaced the USB boot drive with another one (different brand also) and still getting the same problem, very disappointed to be honest as I thought this was the answer.

So guys anyone got anything else I might be able to try?

So, you redownloaded the installer, installed it on the new usb stick, imported the saved configuration and still have the same problem?

Spud

Contributor
So, you redownloaded the installer, installed it on the new usb stick, imported the saved configuration and still have the same problem?

Correct, downloaded FreeNAS-11.0-U2.iso found another USB stick installed freenas imported the config and the problem is still there.

Spud

Contributor
Just found the problem, its got something to do with chrome, I tried doing the same thing in firefox and the page loads straight away.

What the hell could be stopping the page from loading in chrome?

nojohnny101

Wizard
Did you try clearing cache and removing all cookies? The GUI is pretty stable in my experience but I have had rare circumstances that you have described, where nothing would load. Of note, this always happened on the system that has mirrored USB drives as the boot media and NOT the one that has SSDs as boot media.

Often I would just keep refreshing and it would come up after a while.

Spud

Contributor
Did you try clearing cache and removing all cookies? The GUI is pretty stable in my experience but I have had rare circumstances that you have described, where nothing would load. Of note, this always happened on the system that has mirrored USB drives as the boot media and NOT the one that has SSDs as boot media.

Often I would just keep refreshing and it would come up after a while.

Just tried it now, still not loading the snapshot page but at least I can access it now through the GUI in Firefox.

Now that I know what the problem is I can do some googling and hopefully find a solution.

Thanks for the help!

Artion

Patron
Just found the problem, its got something to do with chrome, I tried doing the same thing in firefox and the page loads straight away.
Good to know! I didn't think of trying on different browsers to point out the cause of the problem. Well done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.