Can't see new disks

Octopuss

Patron
a volt meter, multimeter
Dude, I am no electrical engineer or a physicist. This shit really isn't part of general household tools. I only know it's a weird box with weird lines on a display some weird people can read from, that's it.

Alecmascot

Guru
Dude, I am no electrical engineer or a physicist. This **** really isn't part of general household tools. I only know it's a weird box with weird lines on a display some weird people can read from, that's it.

Octopuss

Patron
Please stop.
I told you I have no idea what these things are and how to operate them! I don't want to know either!

Alecmascot

Guru
Please stop.
I told you I have no idea what these things are and how to operate them! I don't want to know either!
are you sure that when the male and female molex's are connected that no pins are pushed back ?
Put the whole lot in a box and DHL it to me in the Uk :smile:)

Octopuss

Patron
Are the data-connection connected (since you're testing this weird issue it might have been disconnected to focus on power)? Saw somewhere in the threads about the pin3 issue that some drives want the dataconnection in order to spin up
THIS WAS IT!!!!
I didn't think about such possibility because it made no sense, but now the disks are spinning.
Let's see if they are identified too.

Alecmascot

Guru
THIS WAS IT!!!!
I didn't think about such possibility because it made no sense, but now the disks are spinning.
Let's see if they are identified too.
So what is different now compared to the start of this saga ?

Octopuss

Patron
Well, after the initial failure to start, I was messing around with the pins3 and tape and whatnot, but I never connected the SAS cable to the HBA after that.
I will return the cable I bought from Amazon (that would be a pain in the arse with shipping, but it's still worth it) and buy one with molex connectors instead of SATA, because I don't like to connect several cables together.

But seriously, why the hell isn't there a cable with SATA connectors with that damn pin3 disabled or something?
Molex should have been dead for 15 years at least by now.

Alecmascot

Guru
Great result.