Can't Input Text On Serial Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

brando56894

Wizard
I have FreeNAS virtualized via KVM (Arch Linux) and I can't seem to use the serial console. I've never been able to successfully setup the Docker VM and the closes that I've gotten so far is that it boots to the login prompt, I can't type anything though. This happens when SSHing into the VM and also with the newly integrated serial console in the WebGUI.

I'm pretty sure I have everything configured correctly for the VM, but didn't want to report it unless it was definitely a bug.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Let me get this straight:

You're trying to access the serial console that FreeNAS forwards from its bhyve VMs, but that doesn't work? But FreeNAS' console works normally?

What does the VNC console show?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm thinking that the VM might not be accepting input on the tty attached to the virtual serial port.

brando56894

Wizard
Let me get this straight:

You're trying to access the serial console that FreeNAS forwards from its bhyve VMs, but that doesn't work? But FreeNAS' console works normally?

What does the VNC console show?

Yep!

It's the normal console, I can watch the VM boot up and boot to the login prompt but can't do anything. I used to be able to do it with ESXi 6.5 but can't with libvirt.

The device is /dev/pts/0 and type pty

root@freenas:~ # ls -lh /dev/pts/
crw--w---- 1 root tty 0x9d Apr 5 21:05 0

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can try to file a bug report for this one, including debug tarball. Maybe it's just something that has been missed so far.

This happens when SSHing into the VM a
SSHing into FreeNAS you mean? Try the local video console, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.