Can't get to Supermicro IPMI DHCP and Static IP not working

manna

Cadet
Hey everyone!

I am having a mind bending issue here. I cannot seem to access the IPMI on my Supermicro motherboard. I had a board previously that was DOA, but the IPMI worked flawlessly (no setup or anything). With this new board, I cannot seem to get it to work no matter what I do.

I have tried using DHCP in the bios to just grab an IP from the router, but it never grabs an IP. The boot up screen is blank and the bios just shows 0.0.0.0. When using static IP I can set everything and it shows up on the boot up screen, but my router never recognizes it as a device and it doesn't allow me to connect when typing in the IP. In the bios screen I have never seen it show anything but not connected for the link status.

I have tried different cables and different ports on my router. I have also rebooted the router and motherboard (unplugging the power). I have thought about trying to reflash the BMC firmware, but wanted to try here before going down that route. I guess it could be my router, but I'm really not sure.

Hardware:
Supermicro H11ssl-nc rev2.0
Epyc 7302 (non p version)
64gb of DDR4 3200 ram (4x16gb)
Asus RT-AX55 router

danb35

Hall of Famer
You're sure you're connected to the IPMI network port on the motherboard? Do you have link lights on both ends? If it's not grabbing an IP via DHCP, that suggests something pretty fundamental is wrong.

Redcoat

MVP
In addition to @danb35 's questions, have you checked that the BMC enable/disable jumper is at enable?

1699792674098.png

Also the state of the BMC heartbeat?

1699792783571.png