Truenas Core hosted via proxmox has failed to get ip via DHCP or static.

devindied

Cadet
Hi guys, sorry for the lame question.

I'm currently running truenas core via proxmox on a supermicro 1u server. Proxmox and truenas has been running fine for about 1 year now. After upgrading my main router, my gateway changed from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.50.1. After reconfiguring most of my devices, truenas was the only one left needing configuring. However, i found that truenas was functioning fine without needing any configuration.

Then I made a mistake. I thought I was being smart and wanted to setup a static IP with reservations on the router. After fooling with the 1 option, setting a static IP on the console, I am now unable to hit truenas :(

I have tried: setting DHCP on the console truenas, deleting network interface on console truenas, rebooting multiple times, deleting DHCP reservation in router, rebooting router, setting static IP on console of truenas.

The console SHOWS the web interface is on: 192.168.50.200 like I setup. I, however, cannot for the life of me access the web interface. Please help

P.S. I swear I have been searching the forum, and following threads to the T trying to get it to work. I do apologize if i missed the correct thread with my solution :(

devindied

Cadet
Of course, as soon as I post, my hardware got scared and decided to work! FWIW, rebooting truenas via the console did not work. I had to reboot the VM in proxmox, and it is now working as intended.

Thanks,
Devin.