Can't create pool on r720xd

rknaub

Explorer
Hello, I need some help. I've acquired a couple r720xd's, both with 26 SAS drives, I plan to use the 2 160GB on the backplane for boot, and the 24 1.2TB on the front for my media storage. I have already flashed the H710 to IT mode following this guide https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html - everything went well and as expected.

I was able to install TrueNAS Scale to the two smaller drives, and it boots fine. When I go to create pool, it sees all 24 drives, I select them and click create but I saw an error about the device being busy, and it just says fetching data and the pool never gets created. If I try and wipe each individual disk in the TrueNAS GUI it complains of the same error of Device or resource busy.

The 24 drives were previously being used as a RAID5 which was configured before I flashed the 710 to IT mode. I never went in and formatted or wiped the disks or broke the RAID. Could this be my issue?

rknaub

Explorer
I installed Core, it was able to make the pool just fine. Then I deleted it to be safe, then installed Scale and was able to create the pool just fine.