Can't boot or install freenas in new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

aunsoenr

Dabbler
Hi all,

I have been using freenas for several years and changed out my freenas machine. Previously using a dell t1700 with 16gb ram and xeon e3 1220v3. My freenas install is on a 16gb ssd.

I am normally able to remove my freenas ssd and hard drives into new machines and have it just boot up and start working.

My new machine is a dell t3600 with a xeon e5-1603, it booted once from the original ssd, but could not mount the hard drives. Now it just gets stuck on "Welcome to GRUB!".

I also cannot do a fresh install. I downloaded the freenas installer from: http://www.freenas.org/download-freenas-release/ version 11.2. The installer 'cannot load kernel' so I cannot proceed with install.

Any suggestion how I can resolve this?

aunsoenr

Dabbler
Yes,

Updated the bios and changed some of the sata settings in bios. Not sure which one resolved it. Probably bios update. I was able to boot with the ssd that already had freenas installed without issue.

klimbo13

Cadet
hanks I have already tried booting in MBR and GPT both give me the same error. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox I am using Rufus to make the USB which I have used to make tons of other bootable usbs for FreeNas and other OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.