Can't access my shares from Zappiti, works fine from all other devices

vl33l

Dabbler
Hi folks,

I have been trying for days to have my Zappiti player (it's an old player, around 5 years I guess) connecting to my Freenas to access my movies etc. I initially thought it was an issue related to the SMB minimum version setup on Freenas, so I setup the minimum version according to the blog post using the Tunable option (as recommended on the Freenas blog). I couldn't just edit the file /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf and putting the parameter NT1 on the server min protocol variable, each time I was doing that (even using sudo) the value went back to SMB2_20 when I restarted the SMB service.

For the account used by my Zappiti box, I tried setting up a very weak password like "abc" just to see if it was a password issue, but without luck too. It works fine from all my other devices too.

I'm running the latest version of Freenas, 11.2

I'm starting to be out of ideas for this issue, if you have any idea your help is more than welcome :)

Thanks

germamiga

Cadet
Hello,
I'm new to freenas, and thank you in advance for your help.
Like you, I have the problem of accessing my shares on freenas with a 4khdr zappiti.
With my Windows PC I have access to all my HD / MUSIC / etc ... folders. But with Zappiti, I see the shared folder, and I can't access the folders, it doesn't take my login and password. On Freenas I have activated smb1 (version 12 of freenas)
Have you resolved your concern?

Thank you

davidjuse

Cadet
For new Zappiti owners, below are the TrueNAS setting to get Zappiti to find your share folders. It appears to me that Zappiti is determined to use SMB1 and use some obsolete Windows protocols. I am currently running TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1

In the TrueNAS GUI:
1) Sharing > Windows Shares (SMB) > your share folder > edit > advanced options, make sure "Allow Guest Access" is checked
2) Network > Global Configuration and checking the box for "netbios-ns" [this allows Zappiti to "see" the server]
3) Services > SMB > Edit, check the box "Enable SMB1 support" and check the box "NTLMv1 Auth" [allows Zappiti to see share folders and accept sign-in credentials]
3) Reboot NAS server for good measure

After two frustrating days, Zappiti finally found my "movies" folder and loaded up successfully.

To give proper credit to contributing members, I referred to the following posts:
@anodos posted in thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/truenas-12-smb-1.88159/
@jlpellet posted in thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/smb-v1-doesnt-seem-to-work-after-upgrading-to-u2.84315/

@germamiga @vl33l

Any other Zappiti users, let me know if I went too far on the settings.

velcro22

Cadet
For new Zappiti owners, below are the TrueNAS setting to get Zappiti to find your share folders. It appears to me that Zappiti is determined to use SMB1 and use some obsolete Windows protocols. I am currently running TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1

In the TrueNAS GUI:
1) Sharing > Windows Shares (SMB) > your share folder > edit > advanced options, make sure "Allow Guest Access" is checked
2) Network > Global Configuration and checking the box for "netbios-ns" [this allows Zappiti to "see" the server]
3) Services > SMB > Edit, check the box "Enable SMB1 support" and check the box "NTLMv1 Auth" [allows Zappiti to see share folders and accept sign-in credentials]
3) Reboot NAS server for good measure

After two frustrating days, Zappiti finally found my "movies" folder and loaded up successfully.

To give proper credit to contributing members, I referred to the following posts:
@anodos posted in thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/truenas-12-smb-1.88159/
@jlpellet posted in thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/smb-v1-doesnt-seem-to-work-after-upgrading-to-u2.84315/

@germamiga @vl33l

Any other Zappiti users, let me know if I went too far on the settings.
Fantastic post, thanks for sharing. been fooling around with settings all night. Everything seems to be working now.