Oppo (BluRay player) cannot connect to SMB shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekkie

Patron
I am running the latest release of FreeNAS and I am having a hard time getting my Oppo BluRay player to connect to my SMB shares. I know the credentials that I am using are good because they are really simple (for testing purposes) and I verified them working from other systems on my network.

Oppo support tells me they only support SMB v2 which I guess is what FreeNAS also offers, any ideas on what might be wrong?

Also where do I set the SMB min & max version?

m0nkey_

MVP
Well, normally I'd say change it under the SMB service settings, but for some bizarre reason that option appears to have disappeared. The setting it available for me on my FreeNAS box running 9.10.2-U6.

Tekkie

Patron
Well, normally I'd say change it under the SMB service settings, but for some bizarre reason that option appears to have disappeared. The setting it available for me on my FreeNAS box running 9.10.2-U6.
Yes it does look like 11.x lost the SMB version setting from the service panel doesn't it?

Tekkie

Patron

Tekkie

Patron
Yeah I filed a ticket for this here https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/27552 and it was closed with that very same comment, however no mention in the release notes as to what the default min/max values are which makes it a real PITA with the parameters gone from the service configuration screen.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Try the following:
  1. Turn up logging under "services" -> "SMB" to "debug".
  2. Try to connect from the Blu-Ray player.
  3. Turn logging back down to "minimum"
  4. Then upload the contents of /var/log/samba4/log.smbd.

Status
Not open for further replies.