Cannot switch from DHCP to static IP on lagg0 in GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott2500uk

Dabbler
I am running latest 9.3 Stable.

I have successfully created a lagg interface and is up and running set to DHCP:

ermGi2Z.png

But when switching to static I can type in the IP but the netmask drop down stays greyed out and I cannot save the setting without setting a netmask:

seleCVj.png

Also switching off DHCP results in a JS console error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'set' of undefined

I suspect this is going to end in a bug report but does anyone no a workaround to set the IP here?

Thanks

Scott

scott2500uk

Dabbler
I tried deleting the lagg and recreating by setting the static IP first instead of setting to DHCP first. But when I set the netmask I get the error:
  • The network 192.168.240.0/20 is already in use by another NIC.
But why does that matter? If I set the interface to DHCP it will happily get an IP address/netmask as the same as another nic as seen here...

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 16.07.15.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
When configuring lagg you need to first remove all other interfaces. Try that and see if it works.

I saw this save dhcp/static issue when it comes to changing the netmask.

scott2500uk

Dabbler
When configuring lagg you need to first remove all other interfaces. Try that and see if it works.

I saw this save dhcp/static issue when it comes to changing the netmask.

Sorry this doesn't work for me.

If I remove the members and go to configure the IP I cannot set the netmask when changing from DHCP, same error as OP.
If I delete the lagg and create a new one (have to create it with at least one member), then delete the members, then configure the netmask I get the error: The network 192.168.240.0/20 is already in use by another NIC.

scott2500uk

Dabbler
Sorry I may have misunderstood you. When you say remove all other interfaces, do you mean remove my igb0 interface or remove the lagg members?

If I'm to remove the igb0 interface how will I then access the web portal? Also once I have the lagg up and running on the right IP/netmask does that mean I wont be able to get ibg0 setup correctly?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
when setting up lagg you have to do it from the consol you can't do it in the UI without having more interfaces on a different network not associated with the lagg.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I saw this before and what I did was in the "IPv4 NetMask"; I just typed "/24". That then populated the entry correctly (since I wanted 255.255.255.0).

You may want another value, if so just type the corresponding "/##".

Edit: I did all this in the GUI too... :D

scott2500uk

Dabbler
Thank you @SweetAndLow for your help. From the console I was able to setup my lagg. I removed the igb0 interface to make things simpler and gave lagg0 the IP igb0 had.

However switching from DHCP to static in the GUI seems broken and I think should be reported as a bug?

Mirfster

Agreed, I believe the OP was having an issue where the drop-down for "IPv4 Netmask" was not functioning when trying to change the IP to static. So when he went to apply the changes he got the "You have to choose IPv4 netmask as well" message. I saw this initially at first as well, but quickly got past it by typing in "/24"; which then populated the entry and let me save/apply.

Keep in mind I only saw this when I originally was changing it the first time, it does not appear to happen afterwards.

Mirfster

Here is the issue re-created (sorry for all the screenshots, just thought it would demonstrate it clearer):

Network Interfaces:
upload_2016-1-25_9-5-35.png

lagg0 (shows working drop-down for "IPv4 Netmask"; since I already configured it once before)
  • Issue will NOT appear on an interface that has already been configured from DHCP to Static previously
upload_2016-1-25_9-8-55.png

lagg1 (shows shows Non-working drop-down for "IPv4 Netmask"; when first trying to change it to Static IP from DHCP).
  • While not shown, I am clicking on the "IPv4 Netmask" drop-down, but nothing is happening..
upload_2016-1-25_9-11-30.png

• However, if I manually type in "/"; then it populates with "/32"
    • But does NOT provide the full drop-down (I am clicking on the drop-down, but nothing is happening)
    • Values can be "cycled through" by hitting "/" which will go the next setting (/31, /30, etc)
upload_2016-1-25_9-17-45.png
  • Shown with me typing in "/24" to get directly to my desired Netmask:
    • But does NOT provide the full drop-down (I am clicking on the drop-down, but nothing is happening)
    • Values can be "cycled through" by hitting "/"; but starts at "/32" then cycles from there (/31, /30, etc)
upload_2016-1-25_9-23-24.png

ovizii

Patron
Sounded like a nice workaround and worked as far as actually populating that dropdown with 255.255.255.0 but still wouldn't let me save.

Status
Not open for further replies.