SOLVED Cannot install TrueNAS Scale

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Maybe stupid, but got used 2 this from FreeNas 9... Needed 2 rummage 4 ssd...

IMHO! The key is this

Something wrong in installer partition table initializarion. IMHO, needed 2 erase all and create new table from scratch, but installer is not doing this. BTW, Rufus install media boots OK, but the error above. I erased everything on sticks in win10 diskpart, but no success. Maybe, needed 2 init GPT partitions before installation? Notebook with ubuntu present...

And! May be important - rufus is too brainy, proposed 2 install a new grub wjile creating megia. May be the cause too
What worked for you?

dAlexis

Dabbler
What worked for you?

As a boot devices USB - 2 x 32GB short sticks for Core, and 2 x 64GB sticks 4 scale.
As adviced, I installed TrueNAS and upgraded it by train change - scale is booting now. Maybe it was my mistake, because I don't create any pools and started upgrading immedeately - it's searhing 4 pool now :(

gunverth

Cadet
I can also confirm that first installing TrueNas Core (USB made with Rufus) and directly change train to TrueNas Scale solves the booting problem. Machine (Intel DQ67SW with all UEFI enabled) boots everything except TrueNas Scale from its own installer.