TrueNAS SCALE iso does not boot from Sun x4470 Server. Boot failed. Unable to find a medium containing a live file system. (initramfs)

zombiezafer

Cadet
I am trying to install (update my TrueNAS Core 12U8 to) TrueNAS scale with newest Release iso. There is already TrueNAS core 12U8 is installed on it. I have more than 4 same server (Sun x4470 with 20-24 harddrive on an external enclosure with SSD cache and log disks etc). Server does not have a physical CDrom and the only way to boot it from an iso image is attaching it as virtual media using iLOM interface. This is how I can install/boot this server with many OS CD/DVD isos or update CD/DVD isos.
The problem is none of these 4 servers successfully boots with this iso. I can see boot selection menu ( so it sees the CD) adn after that it ries to boot ans some time later it gives an error stating that "Boot FAILED!" with a message that also states : "Unable to find a medium containing a live file system.". Then drops to (initramfs).
I do not understand how it first access the iso then it cannot access during initial loading of files from iso to RAM.
Detailed screenshots are attached.
I've tried to disable USB ports (because it detects virtual media as a virtual USB device). When I disable USB remote keyboard and virtual media was unavailable. I've tried modifying boot parameters by pressing e during boot menu and entering some commands to route install media to usb but not successfull. Mu guess is I need to find the correct drive name/letter during boot and write the correct boot parameters will successfully boot but I do not know and could not find the correct parameters.
Anyway I've also tried to boot the servers with Release candidate isos. The problem is same. But I can boot with any other TrueNAS core iso or any linux installer iso successfully.

Attachments

• PolandTruenas_install_problem1.JPG
    PolandTruenas_install_problem1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 202
  • PolandTruenas_install_problem2.JPG
    PolandTruenas_install_problem2.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 215