CAM Status: Uncorrectable parity error/CRC Error MB or Case?

puppabriggy

Dabbler
I have been ttrying out a NAS case (link below), and have been getting a few parity errors. I pulled the drives connected them directly (no back plane) errors seem to stop. So I requested a new case hoping the errors would go away, initially so far so good, then after a day reocccuring errors (usually while streaming plex) return. Now this is a no name chinese mfg amazon job. But i really like the design and am wondering if it could be something else. I've ordered new cables and will try swapping out the Mobo in case it's some wierd incompatabiity issue. Any ideas are appreciated, or if this case really is a piece of junk any recommendations with similar layout would be appreciated.

NAS Case

Old Mobo

New mobo (will get this in a few days.

puppabriggy

Dabbler
I think .. i found the issue. I am using a 12 volt setup which is connected to a voltage regulator. I think the regulator is not rated high enough. When I remove aux power such as the case fan the issue goes away. I think I was on teh threshold then whenever my power rneeds ramped up the power to the MB and drives starved. Still a thoery