CallError - [EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for XXXXXX: Username not found!

jgarciaxgen

Cadet
Okay, so I have created my groups with my validated permissions and now am half way through my list of 45+ users. Very simply, all I am entering is their full name, truncated username, support email, and adding their corresponding group to the primary group selection. Now as I am halfway through entering the users I can no longer add any more. It gives this error error after submitting, so I press back look at the list and see the user still listed their. Thinking on my feet, I try deleting the user record, then re-adding, still the same thing. So maybe I got to trick it by deleting that record and trying to add a different truncated name, go back in and edit it to the correct name. Nope, same error message. It's literally.... driving.... me .....batty especially when I'm at a stand still on this. Anyone have a work-around? or Is this a known issue of sorts that I am unaware of?

This is brand new system.
I am on CORE 12.0-U1.1

[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for buttmunch: Username not found!

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 455, in create
rv = await self.middleware._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 316, in do_create
await self.__set_smbpasswd(data['username'])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 857, in __set_smbpasswd
await self.middleware.call('smb.update_passdb_user', username)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1238, in call
return await self._call(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-19 102515.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-19 102515.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 288

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Okay, so I have created my groups with my validated permissions and now am half way through my list of 45+ users. Very simply, all I am entering is their full name, truncated username, support email, and adding their corresponding group to the primary group selection. Now as I am halfway through entering the users I can no longer add any more. It gives this error error after submitting, so I press back look at the list and see the user still listed their. Thinking on my feet, I try deleting the user record, then re-adding, still the same thing. So maybe I got to trick it by deleting that record and trying to add a different truncated name, go back in and edit it to the correct name. Nope, same error message. It's literally.... driving.... me .....batty especially when I'm at a stand still on this. Anyone have a work-around? or Is this a known issue of sorts that I am unaware of?

This is brand new system.
I am on CORE 12.0-U1.1

[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for buttmunch: Username not found!

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 455, in create
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 316, in do_create
await self.__set_smbpasswd(data['username'])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 857, in __set_smbpasswd
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1238, in call
return await self._call(
Can you PM me a debug please (system->advanced->save debug).

bdew

Cadet
I had same error :[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for "user"
I have created 8 users successfully, and after that when I try to create new user there is this error. Any ideas?

jgarciaxgen

Cadet
It's a bug they're looking into. Try deleting that affected user and trying again in like 10 minutes. It's hit or miss, but working none the less with a little patience until they roll out a fix.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I had same error :[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for "user"
I have created 8 users successfully, and after that when I try to create new user there is this error. Any ideas?
I think this may be related to an issue I fixed here: https://github.com/freenas/freenas/pull/6302/files. Scheduled for U3 most likely. You can clone your boot environment, then replace /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py with the version from that PR, then service middlewared restart. You'll need either console or SSH access to perform the surgery.

notn

Cadet
Аналогичная проблема, после замены /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py вообще не стартует

A similar problem, after replacing /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py does not start at all

root@truenas[...3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins]# service middlewared restart
Stopping middlewared.
Waiting for PIDS: 21714, 21714.
Middleware startup is idle for more than 240 seconds
##############################################################
MIDDLEWARED FAILED TO START, SYSTEM WILL NOT BEHAVE CORRECTLY!
##############################################################

gaspree

Cadet
Hi!

I have the same problem, every time, when I create a new user (copy from a saved list), I got these error message:
-------------8X---------------------------8X---------------
CallError
[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for ..........: Username not found!

More info...
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 463, in update
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 506, in do_update
await self.__set_smbpasswd(user['username'])
return await self._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/passdb.py", line 112, in update_passdb_user
raise CallError(f'Failed to set NT password for {username}: {setntpass.stderr.decode()}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for ..........: Username not found!
..the user is created, but the input screen remains..
It doesn't matter if I copy it from a list or type it in manually.
This is a recent TrueNAS installation.

Thanx
Tamas

gaspree

Cadet
Hi!

I have the same problem, every time, when I create a new user (copy from a saved list), I got these error message:
CallError
[EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for ..........: Username not found!

More info...
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 463, in update
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/account.py", line 506, in do_update
await self.__set_smbpasswd(user['username'])
return await self._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/smb_/passdb.py", line 112, in update_passdb_user
raise CallError(f'Failed to set NT password for {username}: {setntpass.stderr.decode()}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to set NT password for ..........: Username not found!
..the user is created, but the input screen remains..
It doesn't matter if I copy it from a list or type it in manually.
This is a recent TrueNAS installation.

Thanx
Tamas

Addition, this is a TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1 version.

gaspree

Cadet
This is the latest version, TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1, I just checked, there is no update for it.