C2750D4I FreeNas 9.2 Supported or Not Supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I am currently looking at this board for my first FreeNAS install. I had noticed on the NAS4Free forums that someone over there mentioned this device had trouble with hot plugging a replacement drive, and that it was a driver problem between FreeBSD and ASROCK. I was wondering if someone who had this board could test for this functionality with this board.

I have the board. No I can't test for you as it's not near me to test.

But *some* of the ports don't support hotswap. Not all, but some. I don't know which ones, but if you do some testing I know at least 4 of them do because the FreeNAS Mini has 4 bays and all 4 are *definitely* hotswap capable.

Tywin

Contributor
I am currently looking at this board for my first FreeNAS install. I had noticed on the NAS4Free forums that someone over there mentioned this device had trouble with hot plugging a replacement drive, and that it was a driver problem between FreeBSD and ASROCK. I was wondering if someone who had this board could test for this functionality with this board.

Perhaps (and please note that I am just guessing) it is a problem with the drivers for the Marvell ports? My understanding is that that controller has been flakey for FreeNAS users. @cyberjock (or rather I guess iXsystems, since it is a FreeNAS Mini) is almost certainly using the Intel ports for his hot-swap bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.