Build Report: Lian Li A76-PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1etr0

Cadet
Thank you for your answer
i write an email to the customer support team
I am afraid, they will not reply to your mail, but their social guy will do this quickly, but in my case was not worth trying. But I just open the manual and see if this cut-out will help you.

Attachments

• backplate.png
    backplate.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 367

Constantin

Vampire Pig
when a hdd fail can i remove the hdd failed without shutdown the server and replace with a new one
someone have tested this swap ? thanks in advance for your reply
Hi Giovanni,
The case comes with either a 2-drive or 3-drive SATA backplane that has pads and holes for decoupling capacitors, but none of those pads and holes are used right now. Thus, I would not attempt to hot-swap any drives, ever with the bare OEM board you can buy online. Instead, power down the machine before pulling a drive.

Or, if you want to be a wild and crazy guy like me, spend some time with each backplane board and retrofit the missing capacitors. This is not for the faint of heart because the SMD capacitors are pretty small (1206 and down) while the through-holes for the capacitors have to be cleared of excess solder and then the capacitors can be soldered in place. At some point, I might try pulling a drive to see what happens but I'd rather not.

Also, the A76 can have up to 12 drive sleds inside it. So, to cover every position you're likely best off using 4x of the 3-drive SATA backplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.