[BUG] Export all Keys - still partially missing

varet

Dabbler
Good day,

I try to open a Jira ticket, but when I login. I cannot.

Therefore I report here!

After the update 22.12.0 of truenas Scale. The `Export All Keys` appeared in some Dataset but not all.

Let me explain.
In the old interface. when you encrypted Datasets of a pool but not the whole pool. You where getting a special lock symbol. which meant: Your pool is not encrypted but there are some specific datasets.
You had the possibility in this case to export all Sub keys through the Pool itself.

In the new interface, only if your Main Dataset (pool) is encrypted. you can perform this export

An example image of my setup

1674030592102.png

Options to export keys missing on main:
1674030699204.png

where exists on Data:
1674030808992.png

varet

Dabbler
I see no reactions at all.
Is this bug only for me? And if we cannot report bugs in the official bug link. how can we?

What if you click the cogwheel icon next to the particular pool when viewing the Pools page? Does it not present you with an option to export your keys?

varet

Dabbler
What if you click the cogwheel icon next to the particular pool when viewing the Pools page? Does it not present you with an option to export your keys?
on the scale version I mentioned, can you help me find the Cog Wheel?
I cannot seem to be able to find any.

You don't see this icon next to your pool in the Pools pages?

cogwheel.png

varet

Dabbler
This is the old interface. Where my screenshots are from the new

Yeesh. That's weird they removed it. This might in fact be an inadvertent bug from the GUI re-design.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello @varet - sorry that you didn't get assistance with the Jira login issues. We're looking into that on the back end.

Just to be sure that I'm understanding the challenge here - the pool is unencrypted, but you have several child datasets that are encrypted - and you're looking for a "one-click export" option to get the keys for all child datasets. This was present in Angelfish (22.02) but you can't find it since the update to Bluefin (22.12)?

varet

Dabbler
Thank you for the reply,

It was present in the previous interface in Scale.
There was also a special lock icon, showing the state:
Unencrypted pool, with encrypted datasets.
This way I could export all keys at once for the pool.