[Bug] Cloud Sync Can't Create New Sync Task Due to Invalid Bucket

TensorVortex

Dabbler
Cloud Sync shows a 'Bucket' dropdown, even though I selected Box not S3. The help text says "Select the pre-defined S3 bucket to use.", so it shouldn't show up when I select other cloud provider.

With this bucket dropdown not populated, the page is refusing to create new cloud task.

Image below.

1614104508820.png

TensorVortex

Dabbler
Also tried other cloud provider, mega, google, all shows this bucket dropdown, and there is no option to select inside.

TensorVortex

Dabbler
i haven't tried adding with cli, i can check out cli documentation later, anyway this seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed

ornias

Wizard
i haven't tried adding with cli, i can check out cli documentation later, anyway this seems to be a bug that needs to be fixed
It is, so best report it to the Jira :)

It looks to be an UI bug though, so you might be able to work around it using the CLI ;-)

CNBWebmaster

Cadet
I am currently running TrueNAS Core TrueNAS-12.0-U8 and I can confirm that the issue that TensorVortex is Reporting is still happening, is there any work arounds? Can someone point me to some documentation on how to set up a cloud sync task using the CLI?
I see that TrueNas has a ticket open for this issue https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-109607 but no fix or workaround documented. any help or suggestions would be appreciated

ShibangNAS

Cadet
I ran into a similar problem on Bluefin (22.12.4.2) and after some trial and error, and a bit of code sleuthing, I came up with a working CLI command to create an S3 cloud sync task on a weekly schedule:

Code:
root@truenas[~]# cli
[truenas]> task cloud_sync create description="My_App_Data S3 Sync" direction="PUSH" transfer_mode="SYNC" path="/mnt/MyPool/My_App_Data" credentials=1 schedule={"minute":"0", "hour":"03", "dow":"3", "dom":"
*", "month":"*"} transfers=4 attributes={"storage_class": "GLACIER", "bucket":"truenas-MyPool-cloudsync", "folder":"TargetFolderInSideBucket"} bwlimit=[{"time":"00:00","bandwidth":1024000}]

Note the credentials=1 references the ID of the credential that I was able to successfully create via the TrueNAS UI. You can grab the list via the CLI like so:

Code:
[truenas]> task cloud_sync credential query
+----+-------------------------------------+----------+------------+
| id | name                                | provider | attributes |
| 1  | Amazon S3 TrueNAS CloudSync         | S3       | <dict>     |