Broken Plex Permissions

zetabax

Dabbler
Hi there,

Recently installed SCALE-22.02-RC.1-2 and had Plex up and running in minutes.

Then I decided to join the system to AD, enable SMB and share out my media folder so I could copy over my media files.

When I added the ACLs, I stripped the original permissions which wiped out Plex's ability to read media.

I've since tried adding the Apps user to permissions without success and have even gone so far as uninstalling and reinstalling plex without any success.

Can someone please let me know which user Plex needs read access to the media folder please?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi there,

Recently installed SCALE-22.02-RC.1-2 and had Plex up and running in minutes.

Then I decided to join the system to AD, enable SMB and share out my media folder so I could copy over my media files.

When I added the ACLs, I stripped the original permissions which wiped out Plex's ability to read media.

I've since tried adding the Apps user to permissions without success and have even gone so far as uninstalling and reinstalling plex without any success.

Can someone please let me know which user Plex needs read access to the media folder please?
You can open the pod shell and type "id plex". This will tell you the uid of plex, you can then modify the filesystem ACL / permissions accordingly.