Broke plugins during system migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

file_haver

Explorer
Mods: i tried tagging it as solved but i guess i did not do it right.

Hi everybody,
i recently moved my freeNAS drives from a celeron pc to a xeon server.
Everything went as expected except i noticed my Plex server stopped running.
I went to click on Plugins and got this error after a long time (2 mins?) waiting: Unable to load /api/v1.0/plugins/available?parent=null status: 500
I then clicked the "Installed" tab and was able to activate the Plex server.
I couldn't log in to the Plex server although it had started, so i rebooted and now Plex is working as expected again.
However, I can't update the Plex plugin or view other available plugins since I still get the error above when I try to see available plugins.
I've seen several other threads about this but it seems to happen during a Freenas 9 -> 11 update.
This system hasn't updated at all, just moved from one machine to another.

Anyone know what i can do in this case? I would like to avoid a reinstall if possible.

edit: just noticed it can't check for updates either, there is an error there too. Should i reinstall at this point?
"Update server could not be reached

<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>"

Last edited:

file_haver

Explorer
Sorry to bump this, but i have not solved this problem yet and i am wondering if i should reinstall (or factory reset) my freeNAS install and reload my configuration file.

file_haver

Explorer
What is the build version (System -> Information)?
Thanks for your reply,

FreeNAS-11.1-U6 (edit: It has never been updated.)

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Is the Jail root displayed in Jails -> Configuration? If not, does browsing to the jails dataset resolve the issue?

file_haver

Explorer
Is the Jail root displayed in Jails -> Configuration? If not, does browsing to the jails dataset resolve the issue?

Yes, it is. I've also browsed to it to be sure. I went back to check the Plugins, and it no longer shows the error message in the first post, but it now shows "No entry has been found" under "Available".

file_haver

Explorer
Hello everyone,

I've fixed this myself, although i'm not sure it will help everyone in the future.

1. I set up my network on a different subnet and FreeNAS would not connect via DHCP so i reset the network configuration for my ethernet adapter.
  2. I clicked Plugins when i got back in and it said I had to set a proper gateway.
  3. I set the gateway to be in my new subnet.
  4. I clicked Plugins again and lo and behold, all the "available" plugins showed up again.

Lesson learned is to reset the network configuration for my Ethernet adapter if I change machines, i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.